Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

November Playlist

Hello!
Recently, I've been listening to the radio and music a lot more in the day whilst I'm getting on with work etc. (Of course, by getting on with work I mean procrastinating on the Internet for hours). So, today I thought I would share with you a few songs I've currently been listening to and loving a lot.
Before I start, I will just say I know nothing about music so don't judge me for my terrible descriptions, thanks!

1. Paramore - Ain't It Fun

This is easily my favourite song from Paramore's latest album. The album itself took a while to grow on me, as it's quite different from their usual material. However, the first time I heard this song I loved it. The lyrics are just so great, and resonate with how I've been feeling a lot lately.
I also got to see it played live at their Self Titled tour earlier this year which was pretty freaking awesome.


2. McFly - Love Is On The Radio 

It's McFly. Do I really need to add anything else?!
I love the slight country sound to this. Every new McFly album has been different, but I've loved them all as you probably already know from this post dedicated to them. I cannot wait for Album 6! Until then, this is going on repeat. I don't think I'll ever tire of watching Dougie lick that hammer.


3. The Lumineers - Slow It Down 

This isn't a new song, however I only recently discovered it whilst trawling through playlists on the app 8tracks. The simplicity of it is just beautiful. Ahhhh, it's one of those songs that makes me feel all fuzzy.
Everything by The Lumineers that I've heard I've liked, so I'm definitely going to listen to more of them.


4. Lewis Watson & Gabrielle Aplin - Droplets 

I love both Lewis and Gabrielle's solo work, so for them to collaborate makes me happy. I've abused the replay button on the live videos of this many times whilst waiting for it to officially be released. Again, it's another mellow number, but I'm really loving that kind of vibe lately.
If nothing else, watch this for the video; it's so cute!

5. Bastille - Poet

I love the lyrics to this song so much I was tempted to write only about this and forget the others! The idea of capturing and savouring someone forever by writing about them is so beautiful. It's one of the main reasons that I love reading and English so much. Team that thought with Bastille and you're onto a winner in my opinion. Again, this isn't a new song but it's one I've only just properly found again and I love it. Music can be so great sometimes.

That's it for now I think! Let me know if you have listened to any of these before, or what you think of them now. Do you have any suggestions you think I should add? What songs are you currently obsessed with?

Thanks for reading!
A
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment