Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

The calm before the storm...

Hello!
This weekend I am travelling down to London to attend Summer in the City (SitC)! For those of you who may not know what this is, SitC is a large YouTube gathering of creators and viewers alike. It's basically the British version of Vidcon; there are schedule talks, panels, meet and greets, music performances etc. This will be my first gathering of the sort, and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of like minded people and to get the chance to watch some of my favourite YouTubers talk about what they enjoy most! Although some people might not class me as a 'YouTuber' because I've never actually had the courage to upload content myself, I feel like the community has a huge part in my life.There is not a day that goes by where I don't check my subscription box, or like and comment on new videos. I may not have actually uploaded anything myself, but I'm a very active member of the site. I'm really excited to meet other people who love the it as much as I do. Who knows, maybe they'll inspire me to make my first vlog?! 
The gathering is taking place in Alexandra Palace on Saturday and Sunday, and my birthday just so happens to fall on the following Monday! Talk about a happy coincidence! So, my friend Cara and myself have decided to stay on in London til Tuesday. We've also booked tickets to see Les Mis on the Monday evening. I am at a loss to describe how excited I am for this!!! I adore musicals and live theatre anyway, plus Les Mis is one of my all time favourites. I'm so looking forward to weeping my way through it! It's going to be interesting to see Carrie Fletcher's performance of Eponine too; I've heard great things. 

Are you attending Summer In The City? Please comment or contact me through the links below if you are, I'd love to meet up!

A
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment